An exhilarating battle awaits on Saturday night as two African powerhouses, Nigeria and South Africa, lock horns in a high-stakes encounter at the U17 Africa Cup of Nations.
With a quarterfinal spot hanging in the balance, both teams are determined to showcase their skill, determination, and desire for victory.
As the last group game unfolds, Nigeria seek redemption after a narrow loss to Morocco, while South Africa aims to continue their winning momentum following a 3-2 victory over Zambia.
Soccernet.ng highlights ten super important things to note about the Golden Eaglets’ match against the Amajimbos:
1. The match is the last Group B game of the Africa U17 Cup of Nations.
2. Nigeria lost their previous match against Morocco, while South Africa defeated Zambia.
3. A draw will see both Nigeria and South Africa go through to the quarterfinals of the competition, with the Golden Eaglets as runners-up.
4. The losing side can still advance to the knockout round as one of the third-best losers if Zambia fail to beat Morocco.
5. Group B’s third-placed team will meet Group A winners Senegal in the quarterfinals. Senegal have been the best team in Algeria, winning all their three games, scoring seven goals and conceding none.
6. Both Nigeria and South Africa have shown attacking prowess, indicating an end-to-end encounter.
7. Yahya Lawali, Nigeria’s right-back, has been the Eaglets’ standout player in the competition.
8. Vicky Mkhawana, who scored a brace in South Africa’s triumph over Zambia, will be a player to watch.
9. The match will take place at the Mohamed Hamlaoui Stadium in Constantine.
10. Kickoff time is set for 8:00 pm Nigerian time.