In a midweek that had Warri Wolves close up the gap to league leaders Enyimba, there was no let up for struggling Sharks, Taraba and Bayelsa United.
SoccerNet Nigeria takes a look at the figures and facts that are extraordinary going into the last phase of the Nigeria Premier Football League season.
1. Bayelsa United have now ended a run of 12 hours 54 minutes of game without a goal in away matches. Their relief came in the 1-1 draw at Kwara United.
2. Fortune Omoniwari is the first player to play for two different sides and score for both teams against each other this term. Having scored for Sharks earlier in the season, he transferred to Heartland and got the winner for his new side against the Port Harcourt outfit in Match Day 34.
3. FC Taraba have not kept a clean sheet in away matches since May 2015.
4. No side has won more points from away matches than Enyimba FC this season. The Aba Elephants have won 18 points.
5. Heartland FC have lost nine league matches against Sharks FC since 2003, against no other side have they lost more in the period.
6. Shooting Stars of Ibadan sure love midweek games. The Oluyole Warriors have won all (6) of their previous home games played on a Wednesday this term.
7. So much was made of Kano Pillars home record earlier in the season but Nasarawa’s can’t be ignored. Nasarawa United are unbeaten in 58 consecutive home matches in the league.
8. Akwa United have accrued the fewest points in away matches this season. They have only won just two points outside their comfort zone.
9. Sharks FC have won six times and lost once in their last 11 GLO NPFL matches against Heartland. The Blue Angels have won 6 and lost one before their last defeat.
10. Enyimba FC have lost only once in their last six league matches against Nasarawa United. That run continues with their draw in Lafia.
11. If the league had started in August, Kwara United FC and Bayelsa United would be the last two teams on the log with 12 points.
12. They are the league’s top scoring side and are not doing badly either in defense. Warri Wolves FC have not conceded a goal in 7 home fixtures, longest streak by any GLO NPFL side at home this term.
13. Kano Pillarsfc have earned just one point in their last 9 away league matches against Dolphins FC. They were again hit with another defeat on Wednesday.
14. Giwa FC of JOS have never kept a clean sheet against El-Kanemi Warriors in all previous (3) meetings in the #GLONPFL. They only had to outscore the hosts, which they did.
15. Little wonder that Taraba are stuck in the relegation waters. FC Taraba’s result against newly promoted sides this season have been pretty pathetic:
Matches: 6 Win: 0 Draw: 3 Loss: 3 Goals: 5 Conceded: 9 Clean sheet: 1