- Ikorodu shocked everyone to beat Enyimba 3-2 in Abeokuta
- The Lagos based club are still condemned for relegation
Bottom team Ikorodu United are most certainly not going down without a
fight after they stunned champions Enyimba 3-2 in a thrilling
rescheduled Nigeria league game today in Abeokuta.
Enyimba to their victims after wins over Heartland and Kano Pillars
lately, but they remain bottom of the table with 32 points from 33
Seven-time champions Enyimba remain in seventh place on
49 points after 33 games with hopes of playing international football
next year via the league now in tatters.
The Lagos club took the lead after 28
minutes through Fatai Abdullahi, but Enyimba drew level four minutes
later, when Mfon Udoh scored from the penalty spot after goalkeeper
Adamu Azeez fouled goal-bound Musa Najare.
Ikorodu then regained the lead in the 53rd minute, when Oluwole Johnson fired past Enyimba shot stopper Theophilus Afelokhai.
However, Enyimba responded swiftly when Najare scored to make it 2-2 on 61 minutes.
Substitute for Ikorodu United Michael Okoyoh will then deliver the killer blow against his former club in the 68th minute.
More from Soccernet.ng
- Chelsea beat Slavia Prague 4-3 as Arsenal defeat Napoli in Naples
- 5 reasons why Man United can qualify over Barca
- Nigeria’s Golden Eaglets Beat Angola 1-0, Qualify For U-17 World Cup
- Man United dare Barcelona at Camp Nou