Cesc Fabregas will reject a transfer to AC Milan this summer because he has little interest in moving to Serie A.
The midfielder’s future at Chelsea is uncertain despite impressing as a fringe player under Antonio Conte this term.
Fabregas has started just 10 League games and is likely to drop further down the pecking order with Chelsea closing in on a £40m deal for Monaco star Tiemoue Bakayoko, who is being earmarked to play alongside N’Golo Kante next season.
Standard Sport revealed last October that AC Milan are looking to exploit the situation and have made Fabregas their main transfer target.
The Serie A giants have money to spend after Chinese consortium, Rossoneri Sport Investment Lux, bought the club last month. They are prepared to pay as much as £30m for the former Barcelona star.
But it is understood that Fabregas, who has two years left on his contract at Stamford Bridge, has no desire to make the switch to the San Siro or any Italian outfit.
Fabregas still has hopes of staying at Chelsea, but is determined to remain living in London regardless.
The former Arsenal captain turns 30 on Thursday and is really settled in the capital with his partner Daniella Semaan, who will soon give birth to their third child.
Fabregas has resided in the city for the majority of his professional career and back in February, significantly spoke of his appreciation for the way of life in this country.
He said: “I really identify with England. With the lifestyle, education, everything. My daughter was born here, my wife is from here. I’m in love with London, I really like the city, how everyone behaves.”
More from Soccernet.ng
- I want to be famous like Jay Jay Okocha, says Iwobi
- Guardiola hopes Champions League pain spurs on Manchester City
- Chelsea beat Slavia Prague 4-3 as Arsenal defeat Napoli in Naples
- 5 reasons why Man United can qualify over Barca