Diego Costa says the decision on his departure from Stamford Bridge will be made by himself alone.
The star striker scored the opening goal in Chelsea’s 3-0 win over Middlesbrough on Tuesday morning, with the result moving Antonio Conte’s side three points away from a confirmed Premier League title.
Speculation over Costa’s future at the club has only intensified though, as recent reports suggest that he will sign a pre-contract agreement with Chinese Super League side Tianjian Quanjian in the coming days.
Even celebrating his goal against Boro with what appeared to be a goodbye wave to the Stamford Bridge faithful, Costa claimed after the match that a move to China was not set in stone, however.
“I am the owner of my future and it does not mean that I am going to China,” he said in an interview with South America’s DIRECTVSports.
It is understood Tianjian are prepared to offer the 28-year-old a jaw dropping £650,000-a-week deal, with Chelsea set to gain as much as £75 million for the transfer.
Costa could seal his second English top-flight title with the Blues when they travel to face West Brom on Saturday morning.
The Spaniard has netted 20 goals in the Premier League for the 2016-17 season so far.