Manchester City forward Kelechi Iheanacho has been voted the ninth Most Valuable Under-21 Player in the world, according to a Soccerrex report from Prime Time Sport.
The 19-year-old who joined Manchester City in 2013 after he helped Nigeria win the U-17 World Cup has gone on to fulfil his huge potential at the Etihad.
Iheanacho broke into the Citizens main team last season,
scoring 14 goals in all competitions as City reached the semifinal final
of the UEFA Champions League and finished ahead of Manchester
neighbours on the premier league log.
His goal per ratio last season was better than that of Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi, and Robert Lewandowski and this have seen his value rise to €20million.
A statement by Soccerrex read: “The player’s age, position,
current club, contract length, market value perception, international
caps, minutes played, goals, injuries and technical quality from a
variety of sources [are taken into account] to arrive at a final
On top of the 20-man list is Manchester United’s Anothny Martial with €47.1m, followed by Schalke youngster Leroy Sane (€34.5m) while Tottenham Hotspurs midfielder Dele Alli made the top five.
Here is the full list:
- Anthony Martial Manchester United €47.1m
- Leroy Sane Schalke €37.5m
- Renato Sanches Bayern Munich €34.5m
- Dele Alli Tottenham €34.1m
- Kingsley Coman Bayern €30.7m
- Breel Embolo Schalke €25.4m
- Marcus Rashford Man United €22.5m
- Max Meyer Schalke €21.6m
- Kelechi Iheanacho Man City €20.0m
- Julian Weigl Dortmund €19.8m
- Gabriel Jesus Palmeiras €19.8m
- Youri Tielemans Anderlecht €19.3m
- Riechedly Bazoer Ajax €19.1m
- Niklas Sule Hoffenheim €16.6m
- Mahmoud Dahoud Mönchengladbach €15.0m
- Giovani Lo Celso Rosario €14.3m
- Ruben Neves FC Porto €14.0m
- O. Dembele Dortmund €14.0m
- Gabriel Barbosa Santos €13.9m
- G. Donnarumma AC Milan €13.7m