The Glo NPFL managed by the League Management Company LMC have turned up several mouth-watering clashes, a few surprising results and so many interesting facts and stats.
Here are some of the finest stats about the clubs and players in the 8th week old Nigerian Premier Football League.
1. Think him dirty or unlucky? Ayobami Asekunowo of Dolphins is the man who got the 130th yellow card this season Glo NPFL
2. Home advantage does count well or are they stronger in farmiliar terrain? Gabros FC, El-Kanemi Warriors, Kano Pillars & Sunshine Stars are the only teams with 100% home record in the Glo NPFL
3. Spot-kicks come in droves! A total of 18 penalties have been awarded this season in the Glo NPFL
4. A total of 15 penalties have been converted out of the total number of penalties awarded this season. Goal keepers have had a nightmare against spot kick takers.
5. After amassing twelve goals in only seven games, Wikki Tourists have scored the most number of goals, in the Glo NPFL
6. Rangers, however, have the leakiest defence having conceded the most goals (11) this season
7. Rangers have also racked up the highest number of yellow cards (10) in the Glo NPFL so far, earning the tag of the league’s dirtiest team.
8. Rangers have conceded the highest number of goals (9) in away matches in the Glo NPFL
9. Eight red cards have been issued by referees so far in the Glo NPFL
10. Glo NPFL table-toppers Giwa FC hold the longest unbeaten streak (5) this season. They travel to Enyimba this Sunday.
11. Five is the highest number of draws by any team this term. Lobi Stars hold that honour in the Glo NPFL.
12. Giwa FC striker, Ibrahim Shuaibu, is the Glo NPFL top scorer with 5 goals after Match Day 7.
|Photo Credit: LMC|
13. Only 7 teams, Heartland, Giwa FC, Sunshine Stars, FC Taraba, Enyimba, Abia Warriors and Wikki Tourists, have won away matches so far
14. FC Taraba have been awarded the most number of spot kicks (3) this season & they have converted all three
15. Akwa Utd have the highest number of expulsions (3 red cards) so far
16. Heartland have won more Glo NPFL matches on the road, being 2, than any other club.
17. Sunday Adetunji of El-Kanemi holds the record for the fastest goal scorer this season so far. He scored in the 1st minute against Akwa Utd on Match Day 7
18. For Shooting Stars, they are not to field Ajani Ibrahim who is yet to be fully cleared to leave Sunshine Stars, their opponents on Sunday in Akure.
19. Enyimba International are billed to play Giwa FC in Aba on Sunday but Ifeanyi Anaemena John Momoh registered to play with Enyimba with a provisional clearance from the Jos side is therefore not eligible to play in the tie.
20. Bobby Clement, Osadebamwen Okoro and Okagbue Orji Kalu will also not be with Rangers when they play Heartland of Owerri as the three Heartland players have only received provisional clearance to join Rangers.
All Facts are provided by the LMC.