So you fancy yourself at being a football writer but need some assistance in getting started. Well fear not as we have created our Top 7 tips on successful writing.
We believe we have covered the relevant subjects below to give you an indication on what is required when submitting an article to the site, however if there is anything you are still unsure about please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Topic : Quite simply the topic you decide to write about is up to you. It doesn’t have to be an article on your favourite team or player just write about something you feel passionate about in the World of Football whether it is in the present or the past.
- Title : Probably the most important decision you will make regarding your article will be the title you choose. Make sure your title is eye-catching but not too long. A good title should be short but with enough intrigue to encourage the reader to want to view your article.
- Word Count : Probably one of the most asked questions from writers is : How long should my article be? Well we believe that a good article should be at least 180 words. Anything less than this will probably mean your article will be lacking in descriptive content , it may still be read but it may not have the impact desired.
- Content : One of the major embarrassments for a writer is to have your work picked apart due to poor research. If you have an article which includes a fact or statistic then do your research to make sure your quotes stack-up because you will be found out !
- Images : Try to include at least one image in your article. This will help break up your article so it looks easier-on-the-eye to the reader. There are many sites such as Flickr who can provide royalty free images, all we ask is you indicate to us the source of your image so we can post a link to it on our site. Alternatively we can choose an image for you .
- Edit : The better your editing , the quicker your article will be published-it’s as simple as that. Make sure you read your article and spell-check it before submission. Don’t rush the submission of your article, take your time to get your views across. Remember the saying “less haste , more speed”
- Frequency : “How often do you need me to write?” is another question we receive from writers. Well the answer is “whenever you can” . Some writers can produce 2-3 articles a week,others 2-3 a month. It really depends on how serious you take your writing. If you are looking at gaining a following then you should be looking to write at least 2-3 articles a week.